Monday, 27 May 2013

Datura

I hope you all had a lovely weekend!
I managed some selfish sewing and made the Datura blouse a pattern by Deer & Doe.

Datura

I used black voile for the main body of the top, it looks like black is sold out but there are some other lovely plain voiles. I'm not sure if it is from free spirit but it has the same soft silky feel as Anna Maria Horner's voiles. I paired the voile up with some black lace that caught my eye at our local fabric market.


Datura


The lace has some stretch to it which made it a little tricky to sew on the front yoke since it's underlined with slippery voile. I messed up a little there as some of the lace got stuck in a seam where it wasn't supposed to. In the end I managed to fix it but there were a few intense moments with my seam ripper!

I made a size 38 which I think is a good fit, no alterations. The pattern is printed on nice sturdy paper with three different options for the neckline ( I chose the most simple version) It  comes with two instruction booklets in both French and English. There are diagrams but the written instructions are rather limited. I'd say some previous dressmaking experience is required for Deer & Doe patterns.

It is proving to be the coldest spring ever so I'm not sure if I will actually get to wear this top at all! But I have it, just in case the sun decides to shine ;)

x Leila




10 comments:

  1. What a great top! It looks super on you. I love the lace!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look too spunky there Leila! Love the top!! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Leila it is stunning! Love the lace!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the combinations of fabrics and textures Leila, success!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey sexy lady (insert my gangnam-style dance move here!) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. leila!!!! that is perfection!!! I want one just like it! I need to get my butt going and make one of these tops, the pattern has been waiting for me! I love the lace so much. And the jeans, those are super cute, want some!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really love the Deer & Doe patterns but I haven't had a chance to buy one yet, I have too many potential projects as it is! I love your blouse, it looks great on you and the lace details are so cool :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great top Leila! You look good in it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your top and the choice of fabrics !

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day :-)