Thursday, 9 May 2013

Staple Dress

What do you do in the hours before you leave on holiday?
Me? well I whip up a new dress of course ;) 
The pattern is the Staple Dress by April Rhodes which is available for instant download on her website. It was the perfect thing to sew in the few hours I had left between packing up my last few things and leaving for the airport. I love it, it's quick, stylish and super comfy to wear on the plane!

Staple Dress


Apart from lowering the neckline slightly I made no alterations to the pattern.
I used a jersey knit fabric which I can highly recommend it makes for such an easy to wear dress. I made the drop hem version with pockets but omitted the shirred waistline. Since I'll only be wearing this with a belt I felt it wasn't necessary plus I was in a bit of a rush ;)

My holiday was lovely and we have a few more days left before school starts again. All I need to decide now is if I'll be good and get behind the machine for some serious sewing or if I'll go out and play in the sun some more... with my new dress on I don't think it's much of a choice now is it!

x Leila


12 comments:

  1. love your dress! it looks great. have a fun vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have this dress on my to-do list this weekend. I have been contemplating fabric choices but jersey knit NEVAH crossed my mind... till now! Thanks for the inspiration (to buy more fabric). LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely Leila, really nice fabric choice too

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh it's super gorgeous Leila!!! love that you made it with knit, I bet it's super comfy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. just bought the pattern as the description said it was v beginner friendly and your dress looks lovely, now off to buy some fabric...thanks for the tip. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely! it looks wonderful on you! i bet the knit is super comfy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great dress!! Thanks for sharing it with us! I haven't sewn any clothes in exactly a year, so maybe I'll give this one a try :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it; I am sure I will cave sooner rather than later!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooh, very nice, love the fabric

    ReplyDelete
  10. the dress looks great on you. How was the sizing? I am tempted to try to make on but need to find the right fabric first.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this dress and your version is fab! Was the jersey easy to handle?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, how pretty! Looks so nice on you, Laila. I totally want to make that dress. Need to sew more!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day :-)