Wednesday, 22 May 2013

Vin Rouge and Creative Mojo

In Ringo Pie Charise chose Paris as the theme for her month. I figured no trip to Paris would be complete without a nice big glass of 'vin rouge'.
One glass full, one glass half empty you take your pick ;)


Vin Rouge

I even found a piece of Suzuko Koseki fabric to use for the label listing different wines in French, I'm pretty pleased with that!
I started off with a dark green for the bottle for a more realistic look but I was having the hardest time trying to pair it up with other fabrics. Nothing in my stash seemed to work with it, at best it looked rather masculine.  So I had to opt for the easier solution and use white for the glass.
It really isn't an easy colour to use, bottle green what would you pair it with, blue? orange

vin rouge detail


Anyway, it always feels good to be able to check another belated bee block off the list!

In other news I'm going to be live on the Creative Mojo podcast tonight - eek! I'm pretty nervous about it but I'm just being silly that way. I'm sure it will be lots of fun! So if you fancy listening in come join me at Creative Mojo tonight\ this afternoon. I'm on around 4pm Eastern, that's 10 PM here and 9PM in the UK, that's all the time zones I know I'm afraid ;)

* edit to add: due to technical difficulties I didn't get to chat with Nessa on Creative Mojo, my interview has been rescheduled for next week.

x Leila

7 comments:

  1. Love the half full/half empty concept, great block and lovely to see you sewing x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great choice of block, and love the label!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the block, and was cursing missing the interview - but technical loses are my gain xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! It looks like you and your friend had a great time cause the bottle is empty! LOL! Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Leila -
    Oh my gosh - I'm seeing this for the first time now!!!
    I love it - thank you so much. This is going to be the coolest quilt ever!
    xo
    Charise

    ReplyDelete
  6. Leila
    I love it!!!! And i'm seeing it for the first time. Not sure how I missed it!!!
    Tks so much - this will be the best quilt ever!
    xo
    Charise

    ReplyDelete
  7. that block is perfect and the fabric for the wine label...excellent.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day :-)